Tuesday 10 July 2012



Recently I have been working on a short film that I just decided to make out of the blue. I document the local church a lot because it’s a place that I find intriguing, artistic and peaceful. I love churches and graveyards and the like, I always have. I was raised in a really Catholic family with the influence of traditional, German Jewish immigrant influence so my mother’s family, (the Jewish maternal side in particular) where very religious and my father’s family were also Roman Catholics. There were sacred hearts and crosses everywhere, but not in a creepy way, my grandmother on my mum’s side was a great example of a whole heartedly beautiful soul whilst also remaining to be a catholic, (excuse the discriminatory remarks, it’s just Catholicism, as I am sure you are most aware of is a rather ridged religion). My mother is more spiritual however and tried to shelter me from religious prejudice that the Catholics, (particularly my father’s side), can promote. I suppose that’s one of the main reasons I find it so fascinating and nostalgic. I tip largely towards the agnostic side of things, I do not denying the possibility of something but doubt it at times, and it’s the idea of "nothing" that I was aiming to explore in my film. I think the bible to be a fabulously dramatic and artistic lie. But this work is largely intended to be iconographical and a bit eerie, I may put it on, but as I don’t have many followers I don’t see the point yet. Also I don’t have my fabulous camera yet, much to my disappointment! So I filmed it on a regular HD camera thing. I just want a full tech crew please. I am ready to be a director and fabulous star now thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment